Integrative health is the frontier of personal wellness. – Jenna Sneed, MPH CHHCIntegrative health is a rising movement in the United States that – as the name suggests- integrates health with lifestyle. People do not live in a vacuum or a laboratory. Instead, it is our belief that health recommendations should take into consideration the key spheres of influence in one’s life such as family, job, cultural heritage, and spirituality. Our staff works with each individual to help them identify their unique holistic health and image goals. At THRiVE we partner with medical doctors and combine evidence-based behavioral science with yoga, fitness, and nutrition to offer clients a well-rounded approach to holistic health.
What is Integrative Medicine?We partner with medical doctors who share our values of wellness and practice Integrative Medicine. Integrative Medicine has the following characteristics:
- Patient-centered approach that focuses on healing the whole person – mind, body, and spirit;
- Encourages personal responsibility for health and wellness by educating and empowering people to be active participants in their own care;
- Focuses on optimizing each individual’s wellness rather than merely promoting basic, standard care;
- Makes use of all appropriate evidence-based therapeutic approaches and global medical modalities; and
- Creates a culture of wellness.
Integrative medicine combines treatments from conventional medicine and Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) for which there is some high-quality evidence of safety and effectiveness. - National Institutes of Health- National Center of Complementary and Alternative Medicine